Making Memoirs Destination Event Planning is here to provide you  -

Countries you can choose & What is Required to Make your Day Come True



Residency Period: 1 day Language: English 

Wedding Requirements:

  • You both must spend one day in Bahamas prior to submitting your application for a marriage license.

  • Fill out application for license at same time at registers office.

  • Pay nominal fee of $40.00, license valid 3 months (no blood test required)

  • Both parties must be in Bahamas when making application for license.

  • If either party is a minor under 18 years of age, parental consent is required. Obtain forms from Register General’s office.

  • If either party ever divorced, a certified or original final decree must be produced.

  • If either party is widowed, the death certificate of deceased spouse must be produced.

  • If any unmarried party is a resident of a country other than the US, a declaration certifying to the unmarried status must be sworn to before Notary Public or other person authorized to administer oaths in the country of residence.

  • This may also be prepared by an attorney or Notary Public in the Bahamas.

  • Photo ID issued from government office from country of residence must be produced.

  • Evidence of arrival in Bahamas must be produced; the Bahamas Immigration embarkation card will do.


Residency Period: None Language: English

Wedding Requirements:

There is no required waiting period or minimum length of stay. Application for a marriage license must be made by both parties in person at the office of the Ministry of Home Affairs.


  • Valid Passports or the original or certified copies of birth certificates.

  • If either party was divorced, an original Decree Absolute or a certified copy of the Final Judgement.

  • If either party was previously married and widowed, a certified copy of the Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate in respect of the deceased spouse.

  • Where necessary, all documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.

  • Fees: if neither party is a citizen or resident of Barbados – BDS $150.00 cash and a $25.00 stamp.



Residency Period: 3 days prior Language: Spanish

Wedding Requirements:

To marry in Cuba you must both be at least 18 years old and not be related by blood, marriage or adoption. 



  • Valid Passports or the original or certified copies of birth certificates and Tourist Cards.

  • Legally translated documents by the Cuban consulate in Canada.

  • If either party was previously married and widowed, a certified copy of the

  • Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate in respect of the deceased spouse.

  • All of the documents must be translated into Spanish, certified by a notary public and legalized by the Cuban consul in your country.

  • The couple must create a sheet that lists their names, addresses, occupations, levels of education, nationality and the full names of their parents (living or deceased). Then, they must attach the photo page of their passport. The couple then is required to fax the documents in both English and Spanish to the hotel in Cuba in which they are staying at least three weeks before your arrival there.

  • Application: Must be completed in person

  • Fees: if neither party is a citizen or resident of Cuba – CND $176.00  and a $40.00 stamp.



Residency Period: None Waiting Period: None Language: Dominican

Wedding Requirements:

  • Valid passport (if sending by mail, send a photocopy of the page with the picture in it)

  • Original birth certificate that includes the names of the parents. (translated in Spanish)

  • Single Status Affidavit (translated in Spanish) (One per person).

  • Divorce Act (if married before) (translated in Spanish).


Residency Period: 24 hours Language: English 

Residency Period: You can marry after just 24 hours on the island if you’ve applied for your license and supplied all the necessary forms.

Wedding Requirements:

  • Proof of citizenship (either a passport or a certified copy of the birth certificates signed by a notary public)

  • Written parental consent for those under 18 years of age

  • Proof of divorce with the original or certified copy of the divorce decree if applicable

  • Copy of death certificate if a previous marriage ended in death.











Language: Spanish

Wedding Requirements:

  • In Mexico, only civil wedding ceremonies are legal; these are officiated by a Justice of the Peace.

  • For the ceremony, you will both need certified copies of your birth certificates that have been previously legalized by the Consulate of Mexico with jurisdiction over the country of birth.

  • Couples also must bring passports and tourist cards (passport is now an entry requirement). A blood test is also required.

  • If either of you have previously been married, you must prove that it has been one year since the official dissolution of your last marriage or since the death of your previous spouse. This will require certified copies of the divorce decree or a certified death certificate.

  • The couple must also have two witnesses over age 18; witnesses must be over age 18 and need to bring ID as well as copies of the ID. It is also recommended that couples bring two copies of all their documentation.

  • Also, plan to be in the country five days before your ceremony to take care of translation of documents. Be sure to check with your wedding coordinator before your wedding as regulations are subject to change.

  • Each state in Mexico has its own marriage laws so some regulations may

  • vary from state to state.

Get in Touch